The Jean and Paul Studenski Scholarship is provided by the BDCC in memory of two strong Democrats. Both Paul and Jean were part of the Brockton Democratic City Committee and believed that a strong Democracy started with an educated populace.
Donations for the Studenski Scholarship can be made via ActBlue
- Applicant must be a registered Democrat voter in the City of Brockton.
- Applicant must be accepted to or enrolled in a program designed to receive an associates degree or higher, at an accredited college or university.
Applicant must submit a completed application packet with all required documentation postmarked by: August 1, 2020
A point system will be used to score applicants in the following areas:
- Merit: a minimum of a 3.0 G.P.A. is needed for consideration
- Describe any financial hardship that would affect your going to college.
- Level of participation in Democratic politics: Have you worked on a Democratic campaign? Been a member of the young Democrats? Studied political science and have Democratic values? Etc.
- Essay/ Personal statement: Tell us in 500 words or less why you think you are qualified to receive this
Scholarship. Include background, political involvement, future plans and goals.
- One $500.00 scholarship will be awarded to the highest scoring applicant.
- All identifying information will be removed from application materials prior to review by the scholarship committee and all information will remain strictly confidential.
- Any family member or relative of the Brockton Democratic City Committee is INELIGIBLE to receive the scholarship.
- There is currently one scholarship of $500 to be awarded. This is presuming there are enough qualified applicants.
- Scholarships are monetary awards payable by check to the winner.
- Payment of award will be made following presentation of the academic institution’s bill/invoice to the Scholarship Committee Chair and will be presented at a date to be determined.