The Brockton Democratic City Committee and the 7 Ward Committees are the local face of the Democratic Party.
Article 2 of The Charter of the Massachusetts Democratic Party states: The local committees shall conduct, according to duly established and recorded local by-laws, such activities as are suitable for a political organization; among which (without limitation) are:
- Endorsement of enrolled Democratic candidates
- Financial Support of the State Committee
- Adoption of resolutions and platforms
- Raising and disbursing of funds for political purposes
- Voter registration campaigns, and
- Calling of caucuses for the purpose of endorsing candidates, adopting resolutions, or conducting other Party business as provided for in the Call to Convention